Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Denon dvd surround receiver ADV1000 standby/on switch

Customer Question
Denon dvd surround receiver...

Denon dvd surround receiver ADV1000 standby/on switch willnot activate

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

ADV 1000 is what it says

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

Won't turn on with remote or manually, switch shows red standby light

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

It's an older model and I don't remember when we got it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/14/2018
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Denon ADV-1000..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you be comfortable to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.