Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I download the Alexa App? Echodot.

Customer Question
How do I download...

How do I download the Alexa App?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Echodot

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Http://alexa.amazon.com

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/13/2018
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. What device are you trying to install the Alexa app on?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

To download the Alexa app, go to the app store on your mobile device and search for "Alexa app." Then select and download the app. You can do this on Iphones, iPads, Android Phones, Kindle Fire devces and some tablets.

Note: Kindle Fire (1st Generation), Kindle Fire (2nd Generation), Kindle Fire HD 7” (2nd Generation), and Kindle Fire HD 8.9” (2nd Generation) tablets do not support the Alexa app.Once you've downloaded the app please do the following:

1. Turn on your Echo device.
    Place your Echo Dot in a central location (at least eight inches from any walls and windows). Then, plug the included power adapter into Echo Dot and then into a power outlet. The light ring on Echo Dot turns blue, and then orange. When the light turns orange, Alexa greets you.
    Note: Other USB power adapters, like phone chargers, may not provide enough power to Echo Dot.
  2. Connect your Echo device to your Wi-Fi network.
    In the Alexa app, follow the instructions to connect your Echo device to Wi-Fi.
  3. Your Echo device is ready to use. To get started, say the "Alexa" followed by a command. For example "Alexa, what is the temperature?"

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!