Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to listen to my record player on my sonos

I am trying to...

I am trying to listen to my record player on my sonos speakers via a demon avr-3806 receiver and sonos connect

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Sonos

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

I have the out coming from zone 3 tape and into connect

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

My line in on my app shows bars moving like music is playing but there is no sound.

3/13/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is sound coming out of the denon in the other zones?

it works with regular speakers just not my sonos speakers though the connect

Thanks for confirming,

do you have any other sources (cd, tv/cable, etc) that are working through the sonos as passed through the same z3 denon connection?

No

Okay so nothing is working though z3,

Are you sure you are setting the z3 source mode correctly?

Can you tell me exactly how the sonos is connected to the denon, or better yet send photos so I can check the connections?

You're plugged into the wrong spot on the denon,

move them over a set to the right, you have them on cdr/tape, you want them on z3

Also are you having the turntable connected to the Phono ports on the back of the denon?

Okay I didn't see anything connected there,

but move the sonos over to the z3 ports,

make sure you set the z3 source mode to phono again, and make sure the sonos is set to the analog in

z3 needs to be on phono also,

just like the main zone,

so press the z3 sel button, then rotate the source knob to get it to phono (or use the zone remote)

We got it to work! But the display light keeps turning off in the denon. Is this a setting?

It dims after awhile after you change a setting, that is a normal function

do you know if we can select to turn off the regular speakers and just use the sonos or do we need to unplug them?

Yes you can turn off the main zone,

either by powering off the main zone from the remote,

or just setting the main zone to a different input where there is nothing connected.

The remote is very difficult to understand. How do I set the main zone to a diffent input?
Never mind. I just turned down the volume on the amp. That worked. Thanks for your help.
Can you email me a copy of our chat?

The main zone is done with the big remote, by just pressing any of the source buttons at the top (cd, tape, etc).

Or, just going up to the receiver and turning the source knob. It will always change the main zone by default, unless you specifically press the z2 or z3 button first.

Ok thanks!

You're very welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer