Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a MX-780 and it is not working. Marantz. I have a…

Customer Question
I have a MX-780...

I have a MX-780 and it is not working

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Marantz

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Marantz system?

I have a Epson 2320

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I changed my bulb and now the remote is not working reset the Lamp Usage Timer and have had challenges with the MX-780 since then can you help?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/12/2018
Technician: Eldon, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Are you asking about a universal remote?
Or an issue with your projector?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am having a problem with my universisal remote after I change the bulb on my projector.

Okay so this is a URC mx780.

Is the remote not working at all (wont' turn anything off, change volume, etc)?
Or is your problem specific to the lamp timer? Do you have the original epson remote?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here is what is happening. The remote will work and macros work and things will turn on. in 20-30 min the remote will become unresponsive and not IR signal. I cannot get it to work, and after clicking it a different amount each time it will turn off and the macros will run. Then the cycle starts again. I have also noticed that when I try to click red off button I get a "Please Wait" message on the MX-780 longer than normal. IT seems like the Please Wait message is happening much longer than normal. The started to happen after I change the bulb on my projector and change the lamp timer, like it did something to the programming of the remote control. Does that make more sense?

Thanks,

can you go into the remote menu and factory reset it (you'll have to reprogram after), and that should resolve it in most cases.

The lamp change is just coincidental I think, it really wouldn't cause this type of issue with the remote.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have access to reprogram it, I got this from Best Buy and they have the software to reprogram. If that is your only answer I am going to cancel this service.

That truly is the only answer. That is the necessary next step here, there is no quick fix for this, as the remote memory is corrupted and will need to be restored. There is no way around that, I'm a URC installer as well, and this is the only way. You'll need to contact the folks that installed it initially to have them restore it for you. They should have saved the configuration file to do that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you download the configuration file from the remote, or does this file need to be saved? Best Buy is the one that did the configuration and not sure if they have the configuration file saved and stored. I am hoping we can pull the file out and then reset it and restore it.

It is possible, but if the file is corrupted, then it it would be an exercise in futility, as you'd just be restoring a bad file and not be any better off. Typically this is restored from a backup file, or just reprogrammed from scratch.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer