Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung home theatre Ht-E6730 Series Xy. Now it…

I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung home theatre Ht-E6730 Series Xy. Now it keeps turning the volume down to min and takes a while to adjust it back. It keeps doing this. what needs to be done.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Samsung TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried to get rid of the adaptive volume to see if that is the issue

3/12/2018
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty amplifier circuit or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This system is well past its service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; however repairs are simply not feasible, there are no parts available for these anymore and labor alone would be more than the system is worth. Replacing the entire system is really the only practical option at this point.

I can recommend replacement options for you though if you'd like.

My apologies for the news,

Eldon

What would be the replacement options
No that is fine

My apologies for missing you, I'm in the US on a much different time zone,

Overall I do not recommend these types of all in one theater systems. They are all highly proprietary and have high failure rates, and when one part goes, the entire system has to be replaced. Instead I'd recommend getting a standalone a/v receiver, like this: http://amzn.to/2FxsFtS with a separate set of speakers: http://amzn.to/2FNLVCY

powered subwoofer: http://amzn.to/2FOnEN0

and a separate bluray player of your choice

This will cost more up front but last many times what you'll get out of a bundle system.

Thanks makes sense

Thank you,

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Eldon

Eldon
Eldon, Engineer