Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have an RCA sound system with radio/cd player model #

Customer Question
Have an RCA sound...

Have an RCA sound system with radio/cd player model # rs22162, but discs won’t play readout show disc #1 but no tracks just a flashing dash-

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

As I stated RCA model RS22162

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your RS22162 and your RS22162?

Everything...except any forcing, push buttons on player and remote

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes... presently hav cds in all positions, one of which should be in play position, but no play or advance

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/11/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

I sent a reply cancelling ur svc. due untimely response; also ur late info won’t work as disc carousel will NOT turn to accept cleaning disc. Finally I understood that I was operating in a free trial offer from your org. Please reply to this and advise as to refund of $38.00 on c/c.
THNX.

I responded to your question within a few minutes of it being posted.

The initial steps of blowing out can still be tried.

This is not a free service, and the trial is applicable if you continue on with a monthly membership, otherwise you pay the one time fees you previously agreed to.