Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I hook up speakers to the denon AVR-2113CI.

Customer Question
How do I hook...

How do I hook up speakers to the denon AVR-2113CI

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

AVR-2113CI

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

I have B & W speakers (have never hooked up speakers before). I have a left speaker hooked up with one set of wire, but there is a second set of wires for the speaker that says "HF", what is that?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not yet!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/11/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Your speakers are probably capable of being bi-amped, which means you can run the high and low frequencies off separate amplifier channels.

With this receiver that would not be recommended, instead there should be a metal strap or cable linking the hf and lf posts on the speakers themselves, so that the speakers are driven off just one pair of speaker wires, + and -, from the denon. So one set to the RF and one set to the LF.

If you meant HF ports on the denon, those are for front height speakers, which are an extra layer of surround, and also would not be applicable here to your speakers most likely. If you can give me the full model number of the speakers I can double check that for you to be sure.

My speakers are B&W 685
Text is fine

Sorry I missed you earlier. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Thanks for the info,

The information I sent previously does indeed still apply. Keep the straps on between the top and bottom connections, and then just a single set of wires to the denon.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.