Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to hook up Bose cinemate series 2 to an onkyo…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to hook up Bose cinemate series 2 to an onkyo Reciever but i am

Technician's Assistant: What Onkyo model do you have?

Onkyo reciver txsr373

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Onkyo system?

It's hooked up to 2 front Polk speakers and a Polk subwoofer and then tried to hook up Bose through optical

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/11/2018
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The Bose Cinemate and Onkyo are both mutually exclusive devices. The Bose is designed to be used without a receiver, and the Onkyo is designed to power passive speakers (the Bose has a built in amp). The optical on the Onkyo is INPUT ONLY and designed to accept/receive an optical signal from a TV- it does not send audio out to external speakers. So if you wanted to use the Bose, you would either:

1) Send an optical cable out of the back of your TV to the Bose.

Or

2) Purchase a speaker to line level converter and tap into the LEFT AND RIGHT main speaker outputs of the Onkyo and connect the Bose via RCA audio cables to the converter.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?