Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was connected with you on my phone, need to work from

Hi,,,I was connected with...

Hi,,,I was connected with you on my phone, need to work from computer...you have me set up for appt with John

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Apple

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple phone? What have you tried so far?

No issue with phone...issue with alexa

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

You don't seem to listen

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have questions regarding Alexa. I recently moved. At old location I had Echo, Dot, and Tap. I left Echo and brought Dot and Tap. I deregistered all the devices, I have deleted my Sonos speakers, Hue lights, and Wemo switches. I have deleted and reinstalled the apps. However, when I go back to Alexa everything is still there and I am unable to set up new devices. I just want to "start fresh" in new location.
3/11/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, i enrolled in Justanswer around 8 hours ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am trying to get help with Alexa app, should I be contacting someone else?

No, I can help you.

How can I help you with the Alexa app? First time setup?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I am not trying to be rude, but did you read my question? I have been using Alexa with an Echo, a Dot and a Tap for quite some time at a house in CA. I recently moved to NV, where I am using different devices (Sonos, Hue, and Wemo). Despite deregistering, resets, deleting devices and apps...Alexa still shows all the CA skills and devices. How do I get Alexa back to “new”. I was hoping to not have to start a new Amazon account and lose my history

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps

Sign in

Click Your devices.

Click the Actions button, and then click Deregister device

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Didn’t solve the issue
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As I mentioned above. I had already tried deregistering

OK -- Have you contacted Amazon?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I posted the issue on their help blog...I have not yet received a response
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I could not locate a number for someone to call.

Their number is: 1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you!

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No worries. This has been very frustrating (Alexa technology). I appreciate you find a number for me to call. Have a good day.
Harry, Customer Service