Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 25 year old Bose Radio started making a loud roaring

Customer Question
My 25 year old...

My 25 year old Bose Radio started making a loud roaring sound even though it was not turned on. Does this mean that the capacitors are "shot"? Is the situation hopeless or is a repair possible and/or cost-effective?

Technician's Assistant: What is your Bose connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

It is not paired with anything else and all the connections are fine.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

I tried a new audio source and the radio is still "roaring".

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 day by:
3/10/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No, The service is much too slow and I do not want to pay the $5.00 or to continue thereafter. Of course I needed help or I wouldn't have sought it out. Kindly cancel all. I do not appreciate the attempt to upcharge to a live chat. Thank you for cancelling all. Jackie *