Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bose wave cd skip i have cd drive out of unit but how do you…

Customer Question
Bose wave cd skip...

Bose wave cd skip i have cd drive out of unit but how do you get to the optical lens so i can clean it manually

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Awrcc2

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Used the cd cleaning disk no joy, now i have cd drive out of unit but cant see any way to get to the optical lens

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

No but why the camera expert?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/8/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

You'll need to remove the upper cover, then you can clean the lens with qtips and rubbing alcohol.

understand so how do you remove the cover od the drive?
i do not want to call just need help on getting to the optical unit on the CD
seems like since I do not want to pay extra money, you do not want to provide any info. The same thing happened to me last time, this will be last time I try to use your service
See what I mean
No response now

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I am not asking for anything else. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

I'm only just now getting all your messages. For this to be productive, please simply focus on responding here.

If you have removed the drive assembly, which is self contained, you need to take off the top/cover.

There are a few different hardware versions of this from different suppliers that they used, there will either be screws around the perimeter or some clips that pop out so you can lift it off to access the lens.