Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

UE 33 flashing on the receiver display. PIONEER VSX 1021.

UE 33 flashing on...

UE 33 flashing on the receiver display. PIONEER VSX 1021

Technician's Assistant: What Pioneer model do you have?

VSX1021

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pioneer system?

NOTHING THUS FAR

3/7/2018
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Pioneer Receiver issue.
The UE33 error code means that the unit needs a firmware update via USB stick. Here is what you need to do.
) You will need an embty usb memory stick
2) Go to the Pioneer web site here is the link
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-1021-K
3) Click Support4) Click software & firmware downloads5) In product category click Home Entertainment6) In the Product Type click Amps / Receiver7) Click on your modelBelow the search will be a download available for your model, from there you download the zip file, then transfer it to your usb stick, (instructions are set out for you)THE DOWNLOAD CANNOT BE DONE VIA THE RECEIVER, IT HAS TO BE DONE VIA A USB STICKYour receiver will go back to normal once the update is complete!
After the USB update is complete the unit should work fine. If you continue having issue, the main board in the unit might be corrupted and needs to be replaced. But in a lot of cases the update took care of it. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm more than happy to answer them for you. Thanks
Electrotech2017