Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I connected from the DVD directly to the back of the TV but…

Customer Question
I connected from the DVD...
I connected from the DVD directly to the back of the TV but do not have video or audio.I switched to AUX but nothing happened.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I don't know why you switched to aux. First- use the TV's remote and select COMPONENT. Let me know what happens once you've done that,

I used the TV remote. It wont let me select Component 1 or Component 2. The available options art TV, HDMI 2, Aux, VCR, PC

I'm not sure why your TV won't let you select the component inputs. Where are you plugged into on the TV?

Sorry, I may not understand your question. The Onkoyo receiver is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable

No, I posted that you needed to connect the Daewoo RGB cables directly to the TV.

Ok, yes, that is exactly what I did.

What specific jacks on the TV are you plugged into?

Are they red, blue and green and labeled "component video"?

The RGB and RW cables are connected to the Component Video Input 1 on the back of the TV

Okay, the RGB cables should be connected to component video 1 and the red and white should be connected to the Onkyo. Do you have access to the original answer?

I do not know how to get back to your original email. I am looking at the back panel of mn R570. Which audio terminals hould I connect to

CD or TV/Tape and then select CD or Tape respectively.

I plugged into the TV/Tape terminals and I now have sound, but still no video

Okay now you need to figure out why your TV won't let you select COMPONENT 1. Is it skipped in the setup menu? Also what's the model number off of the back of your TV?

I think it was skipped during setup. The TV is a Panasonic TH50PZ700U

The manual for your TV is at the link below. See page 38 for the Input label function and also check the setup for anything about "Input Skip":

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20070611131800/Manuals/133/13350PZ700.PDF

I going to have to exit our communication until tomorrow. This evening I will work on the input label and get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for the assistance so far.

You're welcome and no problem!