Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bose soundsport will say it is charged then die. Will try to…

Customer Question
Bose soundsport will say...

Bose soundsport will say it is charged then die. Will try to charge but even charge indicator won't light up. No sound indicator when push on. Has happened before but for some reason started working again.

Technician's Assistant: What is your Bose connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Iphone/mac. Checked all connections, are good. FYI i charge it a lot thru my mac.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No, but also it won't turn on at all.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/6/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Bose question.

I think that the age of your SoundSport is crucial to this problem.

Also, if it has ever been dropped, or handled roughly otherwise, it may have a loose connection to the battery inside, or a damaged power port or power jack broken, etc.

But if always handled carefully, and if over 1 1/3 years old... it probably has a defective battery inside it. (Which might also be loose, as I said, since it started working again... maybe.)

I advise replacing the rechargeable battery in it, but first try wiping the contacts on it, and on the charger, with a clean dry rag cloth and try charging it up again.

If you need further instructions e.g. as to where to have the work done for you, or what battery to buy, etc., just let me know in Reply, and I will help you further along to a solution.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)