Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Denon 1910, I am having problem with NetFlix sound…

I have a Denon...

I have a Denon 1910, I am having problem with NetFlix sound going thru receiver. Samsung TV, curently connected to HDMI ARC?

Technician's Assistant: What is your Denon connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes all are tight, I have cable tv from Spectrum. I a currenly connected to the tv by wireless?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No, I get the sound thru my tv only when watching NetFlix nothing tru my main speakers?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Everything else works ok, all sound come thru my main speakers except NetFlix?

3/4/2018
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Samsung sets require an optical cable run from the TV's "digital audio output" jack to an optical input on the Denon in order to send the internal APP platform audio back to the Denon. Do you have an optical cable connected between these devices?

No

I'm not available by phone, the website sends those offers without my consent. You need to run an optical cable from the TV to the Denon and then select the optical input on the Denon in order to get sound from the Samsung's Smart Hub apps.

Ok thank you I will do that,

You're welcome. If you get stuck you can reply back here at anytime.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Engineer