Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Acoustic Wave II CD Changer has 4 CDs in it and will not…

Customer Question
Our Acoustic Wave II...

Our Acoustic Wave II CD Changer has 4 CDs in it and will not eject them or play them. We get a "Changer" error message. We did the troubleshooting of unplugging the changer with no results. My wife thinks she may have put a second CD in one of the slots. Is that even possible?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Bose system.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Unplugged the changer and replugged it in.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/17/2018
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

This problem the Bose is very common, and either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.

Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).

Wait a minute, then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices- EXCEPT the power cable.

Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.

Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?