Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a PSW Subwoofer that when plugged into every outlet…

Customer Question
I have a PSW...

I have a PSW Subwoofer that when plugged into every outlet hums. What do you suggest to fix this problem and also what do you recommend?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

I'm connecting this to a Yamaha sound bar (front surround system connected to my digital Widescreen TV.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Yamaha system?

I have not even connected the subwoofer yet to anything because it hums when I plug it in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

The soundbar has built in sub woofers which I'm not sure if this will be a problem when connected.Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/12/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Senior Technician replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Senior Technician

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

What specific jack are you trying to connect the subwoofer to, and with what kind of cable?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

RCA stereo cable

What specific jack on the soundbar? Do you have a subwoofer or low level output? What is the color of the jack you are plugging into?