Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an AVR S730H and want to add a Denon DN 300C into the…

I have an AVR...

I have an AVR S730H and want to add a Denon DN 300C into the system. How can I correctly get it to playback?

Technician's Assistant: Is your DN 300C system connected to or paired with anything?

No, I tried to connect to the media input on back panel of AVR

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DN 300C?

I have the playback setting correctly set and a cd playing. no audio come through when AVR set to media player

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats where I am except frustrated LOL

1/21/2018
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Denon receiver question.
The media player is an assignable input and could be assigned to the digital input. Make sure it is set to Analog. Double check the Denon CD player that the analog output is set as well and not the balanced output.
Here is a link to the input assignment on your Denon receiver.
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS730H/NA/EN/GFNFSYicezyjvb.php
Worst case you can try a factory reset on the Denon receiver. Here is the procedure:
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS730H/NA/EN/GFNFSYvyalrwrt.php
Please let me know if that worked. I'm more than happy to answer any question you have.
that seems to have worked. Thank you!
You're very welcome, and good luck!
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Electrotech2017