Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Neither of my 3 remotes with new batteries wont operate my…

Customer Question
Neither of my 3...

Neither of my 3 remotes with new batteries wont operate my Bose CD/Radio/IPod system which I have had for 10yrears+. There is a CD in #1 slot, and when I unplug the power source, it ejects. When I re-insert the disc, it plays normally from Track 1, but there is no control to change tracks, volume, or stop and eject. What can I try next? Ivan Samson,(###) ###-#### in St.Catharines

Technician's Assistant: What is your Bose connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

There are 2 units, one on top of each other. The first is a single CD player, sitting on top of a 3 CD changer, as well as an IPod connecter. All plugs are in and there is power going into the unit. I've also separated the single CD player, with the same result. I have to unplug, then the CD ejects. When I plug back in, the time of day shows. If I re-insert the CD it plays from track1, but no response to the remotes.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No. I don't know if there is an "audio In" into the system, and I've never tried.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I've covered everything, thanks, Ivan

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 day by:
1/22/2018
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Bose CD/Radio/IPod system..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, there is a partial test to confirm if the remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
On the otherhand and by process of elimination, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor and/or an internal hardware concern in the Bose itself.
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.