Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My daughter (12 years old) has an Echo Dot. Recently a

Customer Question
friend was over and tried...
My daughter (12 years old) has an Echo Dot. Recently a friend was over and tried to connect their phone to it in order to play music. Since then, my daughter can't get the Echo to play anything from her spotify account. Alexa says to connect the spotify account using the Alexa app. We have done that, yet when we ask to play spotify, Alexa still doesn't see the spotify account. When I asked my daughter how she set it up initially, she said she didn't do anything and it just worked.Can I re-set it somehow? I have reconnected the phone to it, but that didn't seem to help. Any other thoughts on how to correct this?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/19/2018
Technician: Eric S,
 replied 7 months ago
Eric S

Hi my name is ***** ***** I am a certified computer and network tech. I believe that I can be of assistance to you. So to make sure I understand correctly your Echo will not play your daughters Spotify account after having another device connect to it?

that is correct.
Technician: Eric S,
 replied 6 months ago
I have seen this before I haven't seen it on an Amazon Echo but are communal computer that's hooked up to our sound system at my other job does the exact same thing my best recommendation would be to do a factory reset on the Amazon Echo. I would be more than happy to assist you in doing so.
How do I do a factory reset?
Technician: Eric S,
 replied 6 months ago
Sure thing let me find out for you doesn't matter how smart technology gets there's always a factory reset let me find that out for you.
Technician: Eric S,
 replied 6 months ago
Here are the instructionsTo reset your Echo device:
Use a paper clip (or similar tool) to press and hold the Reset button. You can find the Reset button at the base of your device. ...
Wait for the light ring to turn off and on again. ...
Open the Alexa app to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and register it to your Amazon account.
Technician: Eric S,
 replied 6 months ago
Let me know how that turns out and please feel free to provide any feedback and let us know if we're living up to our five star promise
Technician: Eric S,
 replied 6 months ago
again if you have any Hang-Ups or if you need any other assistance please feel free to ask.Thanks***** *****
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hi Harry,Thanks for checking in. I haven't had a chance to reset the unit as I was out of town. I'll try it tonight and let you know if it worked.Thanks.

OK thank you