Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My BOSY sound system fails to play a CD. IIts about thew…

My BOSY sound system...

My BOSY sound system fails to play a CD .

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

IIts about thew system with built in spewakers

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No intersted in other audio source

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Just have my BOSE repaired

Answered in 2 days by:
1/21/2018
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Which model Bose is this and how long have you owned it for?

You’re wrong again The Trouble is in the CD player It rejects the disc
tank you
THE brand name of my Radio/CD
Player is. BOSE
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I'm Nathan

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Thanks for your reply In the mean time I have made arrangement for my Bose to be repaired by their maker The thing is in the mail and I paid plenty for the repair and shipping
You’re welcome. There is actually a much better and cheaper repair option but if it’s already in the mail I suppose it’s too late. If not and you’d like info on that let me know.
There was another problem with the device The plugin for my headphone did not work sometimes That’s another reason to send it off

I was just going to suggest an alternative repair service besides the bose factory service that is usually cheaper and faster.

I paid $ 110.00 Canadian Repair will be done in Ontario Hope it will be back soon !!!

Thanks, ***** ***** of luck!

Nathan, Engineer
Now I would like you to connect my IPhone and IPad to my wireless Canon series 5020 printer There is NO router in this lace

That is not possible, your printer does not have that ability.