Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Denon Receiver SLDC which has a bad function

Customer Question
I have a Denon...

I have a Denon Receiver SLDC which has a bad function selector part. This was fixed once while under warranty but now its out. Is it possible to one, get this part, and two is it possible to replace by me?

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

It's DRA-397

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

Well, can't do much. It turns on but the function selector which allows you to change all the functions does not work. This allows you to change from receiver to play CDs, or whatever else.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/18/2018
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 7 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Denon receiver issue. Let me research your unit and I will be right back. Thanks
With a little bit of work I was able to get some information. I also contacted Denon. The Function control is actually called Switch Encoder with the Original part number(###) ###-#### The Part substitutes to Part number(###) ###-####and the price from Denon is $4.57. You can contact Denon parts to order it ( plenty in stock they said) Tel#(###) ###-####Option#1
The part requires to be removed with a solder iron, otherwise it is not that hard to remove. You just have to remove the Function board Ref#13 from the front panel. Make sure you remove the Nut from the control. I attached a picture. Look for number 13. This is the function board.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 6 months ago
Thank you for allowing me to help you. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied