Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I purchased Focal Maestro Utopia EVO loud speakers and

Mckintosh home theater processor and...
I purchased Focal Maestro Utopia EVO loud speakers and Mckintosh home theater processor and amps. I'm looking for a speaker cable, music streamer and power conditioner. Please advice which ones to get.
1/17/2018
Kris8472

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Sorry, please turn this question over to "Home Theater" under Electronics & TV. Thanks
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Electronic question. Let me research some items and I will be right back.
For high quality speaker cables I definitely would recommend some Audioquest cables. Here is a link
http://www.audioquest.com/flat-rock/castle-rock
For a nice Power conditioner I would consider a Panamax M5400. Here is a link to it
http://www.panamax.com/product/max-5400-power-management-w-voltage-regulation-2ru-11-outlets-M5400-PM
As of a Music streamer, one unit comes in mind I really like is the Sony HAP-Z1ES Here is a link
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158HAPZ1ES/Sony-HAP-Z1ES.html?tp=254&awkw=75621746785&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439282145&awdv=m&awug=9028090
Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm more than happy to answer them for you.
For the speaker cable for Maestro Utopia Speakers, do you recommend Castle Rock? What's the difference between Rocket 88 and Castle Rock and which one is better for my speakers and why?
Good afternoon Sir. I personally field tested the Rocket 88.
The Rocket 88 is the top level cable in its series. It employs a double star-quad geometry and uses a double amount of copper compared to the GO-4 standarsd cables and is noticeably sturdier and heavier.
Castle Rock is the entry level cable in its series. This cable was provided with “Hanging-Silver” 1000 Series Multi-Spades. Originally developed for the WEL Signature Series speaker cables, these plugs are made using a “hanging silver over pure red-copper” process in which the spades are submerged (“hung”) into a vat of extreme-purity silver, resulting in a very thick direct-silver plate. No intermediary performance-degrading materials (such as nickel or alloy) are used.
Apart from the connectors though, it employs all the same techniques as the Rocket 88 and to be honest it isn’t clear to me where it should be superior. But Expert swear that the silver gives better performance.
To come to the point, I would say that the Rocket 88 would be a perfect addition to your Speakers.
I forgot to mention but I'm planning to add two of Mckintosh MC1.25KW, 1200 watts monoblock amps. The Rocket 88 is good enough to use with these powerful amps?
those cables can handle the power just fine. Rocket 88 is the best cable of it's series and with 13 gauge wire more then enough. Yes I would recommend them.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your request.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017