Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently purchased a HT-CT290 sound bar with woofer, the…

Customer Question
I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a HT-CT290 sound bar with woofer, the woofer is not the greatest! any other sub I could use that will pair with bar wirelessly?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Sony

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony system?

Nothing yet, didn't want to buy something and it not work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/16/2018
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 7 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your soundbar system question. Let me check your system and I will be right back.
I checked your Sony soundbar system and it unfortunately only works with the wireless subwoofer which came with the unit. How long ago did you buy the system ?
Some soundbar system have an additional Analog subwoofer output where a different subwoofer can be plugged in. But your soundbar does not have it. Are you able to return it and buy something else ?