Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On my onkyo tx-sr313 receiver i get static on every setting…

On my onkyo tx-sr313...

On my onkyo tx-sr313 receiver i get static on every setting except the usb,which plays perfect.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TX-SR313 system connected to or paired with anything?

Its connected to the tv fm am dvd cd

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your TX-SR313?

Everything for the last week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I have connect the power to every room in the apt.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Just to clarify, whether you select FM, DVD, TV or CD- all of those sources have static (but USB does not)? Is there also audio playing along with the static- or just a loud static sound- no audio?

there is audio

Okay, I need more details on the static. Is it a steady background noise, or intermittent? P

steady

That is bizarre. Have you tried disconnecting ALL sources (speaker wires, input cabling, etc.) and then reconnecting yet?

Also, that static sound could be ground related and coming from one of the Input cables. So have you tried disconnecting all of them and then trying just the tuner?

no,because it plays the usb music perfect.i thought it might be the power line so i pluged in in to other rooms

Right well if it was the power line then the USB would do it also, so we need to troubleshoot further. Here, as a quick thing you can try- reset the receiver to defaults:

To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down VCR/DVR, press ON/STANDBY

Let me know what happens.

will i have to reset my 5-1 speakers again

You'll have to setup the receiver as if it were new out of the box. Right now it looks like a hardware issue, so we need to try some steps to fix it. It's not going to correct itself.

still there

Yes, posted 3 minutes ago in reply to you. Refresh your page.

Are you able to see my reply?

its still there

What's still there? Are you saying you performed the reset and the static is still there?

Okay the next step is to start unplugging your input cables, and then connecting one at a time and checking with each one for the static. So in other words- disconnect the input cables (so nothing is connected but the speakers) and then try using the FM tuner. Then connect ONLY the CD player and check that source. Let me know which source makes the static start occurring.

aric,i`m 82 and it will take all day.thanks for your help

Alright, I had no idea and I understand. If removing the variables (the input cables) does not correct the issue then it would indicate a hardware issue within the receiver that requires repairs unfortunately. However if you find one cable being plugged back in starts the static- then you know it is coming from that particular source.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

thanks,everything is unpluged and the static is still there.i`ll give you 5 stars.

I'm sorry to hear that, and this does point to a mainboard/motherboard issue within the receiver. In most cases this is close to a $200 repair, and not considered cost effective as an entry level receiver starts around the same cost.

Aric, Engineer
aric did everything he could to help me
Aric, Engineer