Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Yamaha receiver Rex-V1065. My booster speaker will…

Customer Question
I have a Yamaha...

I have a Yamaha receiver Rex-V1065. My booster speaker will not play. Is there a particular speaker setting I should check

Technician's Assistant: What Yamaha model do you have?

RX-V1065

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Yamaha instrument? What have you tried so far?

I had Audio company install all of my equipment a few years ago. I just noticed my booster was on, but no sound. I don't think it ever had sound, as it was hidden behind a chair

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I was wondering if the booster is adjusted by a speaker setting I could check?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 4 days by:
1/20/2018
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Yamaha RX-V1065..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...booster speaker..."

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • temporarily disconnect the RCA plug from the subwoofer to the Yamaha's 1/2 SUBWOOFER PRE OUT;
  • • lightly touch only the tip of this removed RCA plug;
  • • with the subwoofer turned on level adjusted, there should be a thump/humming sound;
  • if no, then it would be a subwoofer issue;
  • • if yes, then it would likely be a setting concern with the Yamaha:
  • - ensure FRONT speakers are set to 'Small';
  • - verify LFE/Bass Out is set to 'Subwoofer'.
Louie, Technician