Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have amazon fire stick tv connected to hdmi 2, how do I…

Customer Question
I have amazon fire...

I have amazon fire stick tv connected to hdmi 2, how do I get the sound to my denim Avril 884

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Fire?

2nd generation.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Fire?

Nothing much. Itbwotks fine with the standard tv sound but I want to play it through my denom

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/14/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Because this denon is such an old (2004) model, it predates hdmi connectivity and does not support the firestick directly.
What you'd need to do is connect the firestick to your tv via hdmi,

then run a separate optical (fiber optic) cable from the tv's "digital audio out" port back to the denon.

Try plugging into the opt2 port on the denon, and then setting the denon to the dvd source mode and let me know if that works for you.