Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a speaker that plays music from my cell phone but now…

Customer Question
I have a speaker...

I have a speaker that plays music from my cell phone but now when I put my phone on the system nothing plays. I tried plugging it in another plug but the same thing happened.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

BOSE

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

It only is built to play from a device placed on it and I have done that. I have another speaker that plays the same way and it continues to work off my phone. I don't know anything else to try.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I've had the system for a number of years.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 4 days by:
1/16/2018
Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please provide the model of the Bose speaker? Then we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

It just says “sound dock musical system” on the label on the back.

Hi Customer,

Do you have another device you can place on the dock to see if it will play?

Thanks,

Sheri-Expert

I just tried my wife’s phone and it still doesn’t go on. It turns off the phone after a few seconds like it always has but it doesn’t play the music.

If you have 2 of the same devices, try using the power cord from the one that works on the one you are having the issue with to test. This will test to see if the cord is bad or if it is rechargeable, not charging it. Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

The other device that has a dock is called an ihome unit. I don’t know if the cords are interchangeable because each has some kind of a converter box as part of its power cord

Ok, unless the specs are identical on the cord and the connector is the same, don't try that because you don't want to damage the device. Let me know if the specs are the same.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 6 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Since I do not have another cord I don’t know how to see if it is the power cord or the dock or something inside. I fear the cost to go further is not justified by this older device.

Yes, that may be true. The most conservative way would be to try to look online, maybe on Amazon or ebay etc for the correct cord and see if you can find a good price that would be worth it for you. Otherwise, it may just be time to get a different device.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Ok, the system file check is in progress. Just reply here when done or if any questions come up.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Thank you. ��

you're welcome

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert