Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bose radio and CD player and my CD player reports…

Customer Question
I have a Bose...

I have a Bose radio and CD player and my CD player reports "Disc error" everytime I put a CD in it. Can I use Endust CD player cleaner for this or is it a shop problem?

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

AWRCC1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Nothing yet just using the radio.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want to be able to use my CD player without fear of getting a CD stuck in it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/9/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc), or your endust cleaner, which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.