Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I've had my Bose Music System since 2010, was very pleased…

Customer Question
I've had my Bose...

I've had my Bose Music System since 2010, was very pleased with it until now.It seems like there might be something wrong with the bass, it makes a noise in certain kinds of music.

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Wave music system serial no.049680c01125441ac

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

I have it connected to an Ipod I've tried the radio ,I play CD.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/8/2018
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What kind of noise does it make- can you describe it?

It's a vibrating noise in the back ground while music is playing very annoying.

Okay, the vibrating can mean several things. Is it like a background "BUZZ" noise, or a vibration that seems to move along with the bass, and gets worse when the music is turned up?

You described my problem exactly correct.

Thank you. That noise is caused by the speaker drivers in the Bose itself. They have deteriorated and will need to be replaced/re-coned by Bose to fix the issue. What happens is that temperature changes and UV will rot the foam surrounds on the speakers and then cause the buzzing sound when they playback music. Unfortunately there aren't any quick fixes for this and the speakers in the system would need to be serviced by Bose to fix the issue.

n this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?

I'm not interested in paying any more for help I paid a good amount of money for my system and I believe that you shoul at least tell me what the problem is without charging a fee. If will please tell me the closest Bose Store in Novo Scotia that I could visit. I live in Cape Breton.

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.

Now, scroll up the page and view my reply sent at 10:28 to see the answer to your question.

Were you able to see my reply? Do you need further assistance here?