Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My onkyo rc-911r remote won't communicate with the onkyo…

Customer Question
My onkyo rc-911r remote...

My onkyo rc-911r remote won't communicate with the onkyo surrond sound receiver

Technician's Assistant: What Onkyo model do you have?

Tx-nr555

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Onkyo system?

Reset receiver, replaced batteries in remote

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/8/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help
my onkyo rc-911r remote won't communicate with the onkyo surround sound receiver which is a tx-nr555.
I replaced the batteries in the remote and have reset the receiver to the factory settings.
Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you still control the receiver on the buttons on the actual receiver itself?

Please let me know

Thank you

all the buttons on the receiver work. Plus if you push the buttons on the remote he red light in the top left corner turns on.

Thanks

Do you have a smartphone there so we can test the remote?

I'm at work right now but I do have a smart phone. Can you explain how to do it and I can do it tonight and then get back to you tomorrow or will that not work?

Of course, basically the smartphone can see infrared light, which the remote emits when you press a button (you cannot see it via your own eyes).

You turn on the camera and point the end of the remote at the lens so you see it via the phones screen.

Then you press buttons on the remote and if the remote is working correctly, you will see the red light flashing at the end of the remote as the phones camera can see this.

If you see nothing at all, then we know it is the remote that has faulted and this would need to be replaced.

I will try that tonight and get back to you tomorrow. Does that sound good??

yes it does, thank you

Richard I just tried what you told me and when i press any of the remote buttons I do see the red flashing light coming from the end of the remote.

Ok, it means the remote is working which only leaves the Remote Receiver (IR Receiver) as at fault\

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you