Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Bose 321 system. How do I hook it up to my Fios STB?

Customer Question
I have Bose 321...

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Bose AV 321. Old. 2004.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Dozens of hook ups. I can get surround sound from my tv thru the Bose but no DVD picture on the tv or sound via the tv just Bose speakers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s the main issue. Fios does nor recognize the Bose when CD/ DVD is selected.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/7/2018
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You lost me here. The Fios box has nothing to do with the CD or DVD playing or not playing sound through the Bose. Please tell me the model number off of the back of your TV.

We need to connect the Bose directly to the TV, this way no matter what is playing on the TV, the sound will transmit through the Bose.

It is a Samsung series 6 which is wall mounted and connected to the Fios box. I get surround sound from the tv thru the Bose on Tv /video1. When I set the remote to cd/dvd I get sound thru the Bose specakers but no picture on my tv. The tv source from the remote allows access to hdm1-Samsung tv and shows tv but no connection. Other sources , av, component, and hdm1 are greed out and not accessible.

Then this tells us the Video out from the Bose is not connected to the TV. What specific cables run from Bose to Samsung?

The Bose AV 321 needs a Yellow Video cable connected to the GREEN Y/VIDEO jack on the back of the Samsung to send picture. Then the Samsung SOURCE button would be used to select the AV or Video Input.

All cables run from the Bose to Fios and Fios to samsung. The cables are behind the wall. Wall mounted tv.

Well the problem is that you don't have a video cable connected from Bose to TV and that is why there is no picture, so you need to correct that.

Great. Now to figure out how to make that happen when the tv is on the wall and the Bose is in a cabinet. ? The Bose dose get a signal from the tv audio because I can get tv surround sound on the Bose from the tv.
Just no picture and no option to select a different source other than hdm1?
I did not authorize a $40 payment just $5 what the hell is going on?
Louie, Technician