Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently bought a Sony Bravia XBR65X900E. I am having

Customer Question
trouble with two issues. First...
I recently bought a Sony Bravia XBR65X900E. I am having trouble with two issues. First, I cannot get the TV ARC to send an audio signal to my Harman Kardon AVR 1700. Both have the ARC connection. I am using a high speed cable between the two ARC connections. I am able to get an optical cable to work, but I want to use the ARC. Also, when I set up the IR Blaster that came with the TV to control my H/K AVR, it says I have set it up correctly but it does not control the AVR with the TV remote. I can tell you that when I first got the TV, and was setting it up (without it being connected to the internet) I was able to get a partial sync with the AVR, to the point that it was controlling volume on the AVR. I played around more trying to the the TV remote to turn on and off the AVR, without success; but that may have been my fault in not knowing what I was doing. After connecting the TV to the internet the Bravia Sync function looked different and I have had no success in getting a sync. I understand that the two devices may not be compatible, but shouldn't I get audio through the ARC regardless of sync compatibility?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/8/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

If you want to do this by phone, we will have to wait until Friday. I can tell you that I have spent a lot of time with this already.

OK

If you know what my problem is, and you can explain it in words, that is good also. I will leave it up to you. I am working long days through Thursday evening and will be off Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

If you can reply back here when you are available for the phone call

I have not used this service for a few years. I posted $28 to fix my issue. Is a phone additional cost$. Also, I had an email stating my credit card was charged because my question was answered; which is not the case.

Please reply to my previous text.

Yes, a phone call is additional.

Okay, that changes things. I want to drop the entire request than.