Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I need assistance for the initial set up of my Echo Alex.

Customer Question
I need assistance for...

I need assistance for the initial set up of my Echo Alex

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Echo Alexa

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I downloaded the Alexa app. Go through the steps but cannot get it to connect with my wireless router.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a Linksys router and I spent 3 hrs on phone last night with Linksys. they had me download the Linksys Smart Wifi App, but that did not work and they could not assist me so they referred me to amazon. My carrier is Charter Spectrum. Spent 2 hrs with them the night before they referred me to Linksys. I can get as far as the Amazon-C66 connection. When, and if selected, it cannot connect to my wifi router. Alexa doesn't connect to my Linksys router. Can never get setup to get out of Manual setup mode. Am at a loss as what to do. Purchased 5 of these as Christmas gifts. 4 connected with no problems (in different homes). Cannot get this one to get through the set up process. Keep getting run in a circle in alexa app that gives me two choices, 1) cancel setup 2) don't have an orange light--but I have the orange light and when it tries to connect on the next screen it tells me to try again. Very frustrating! Need Help!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/6/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Amazon Alexa device setup question.
Now, you must be sure of your WiFi password, first. Are you certain you know it?

If you are sure of your WiFi password, you should reset the Echo first, at the beginning (and you may as well do so now), waiting until the light ring turns Orange in color (not blue) and Alexa's voice speaks a greeting.

Then, use the app, entering your WiFi password ***** scrupulous attention to detail, esp. the difference between UPPER CASE and lower-case letters, which must be entered exactly as such.

Does that help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Russell: I have completed my setup by changing from my cell phone to downloading the app on my tablet. While Alexa was not connecting to my router (for three days), I fooled it by changing to an old router that was saved, when it would not connect to that one, I asked it to change to another router (the router of choice) wherein it finally asked for a router password. I entered my password (the first time it has asked for it ever). Then it loaded. Boy this app needs is NOT perfect! Thanks, anyway. while I was able to solve my problem by just using good old fashioned logic, AMAZON was not user friendly! Linda

I did not know you had a choice of WiFi routers, or I would perhaps have suggested trying a different router.

I hope that I did something to help toward a solution to this problem. Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Russell, Actually your advice, while good advice, was already being done. Because I had not heard anything back, I decided to uninstall the app from my phone and install on my tablet in which I was able to finally get it installed. I would appreciate not having any charge made to my card since I ultimately solved my own problem. Thanks.

I understand and agree - if I did not help, you should not be charged.

As a JustAnswer Expert, I have no power over charges, billing, and no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Russell H., Service Tech