Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY SYSTEM WORKS FINE PLAYING A CD BUT IF I PLAY IT OVER IT…

Customer Question
MY SYSTEM WORKS FINE...

MY SYSTEM WORKS FINE PLAYING A CD BUT IF I PLAY IT OVER IT WILL SKIP. LOTS OF TIME EVERY C D WILL SKIP BUT THEN IT WILL PLAY FINE THE NEXT TIME. IT DOES IT SOMETIMES EVEN ON NEW CD'S WHEN I PLAY THEM

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

This is a CD/radio all purchased at the store in Rosedale and are bose products

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Have used a disc cleaner CD but don't know what more

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to know what to do to stop the skipping

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/6/2018
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned). You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first (which you've tried) is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Insert the spray tip of the can into the disc slot and liberally spray to remove any dirt/debris/etc.

If the issue goes beyond that then the laser lens is faulty and would need to be replaced/serviced as needed.

In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

View my reply for the answer to your question.