Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an RX-A1030 receiver and I get no sound in 2ch Stereo…

Customer Question
I have an RX-A1030...

I have an RX-A1030 receiver and I get no sound in 2ch Stereo or STRAIGHT

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

I am using an external 5 channel amp which is connected to the pre-outs. The speakers are connected to the external amp. In 7ch I get sound from all of the speakers. This is the case whether I’m using phono or CD or cable. The CD/DVD player and the cable box are connected to the receiver by HDMI cables.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Yes. The three sources I listed. CD, Phono and cable box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 3 days by:
1/8/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Louie, Technician