Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bose radio has gotten so hot it melted the right rear…

Customer Question
My Bose radio has...

My Bose radio has gotten so hot it melted the right rear rubber foot. Can it be fixed?

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Serial # AWR10AU123387, Model AWR1 - 1W

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your AWR1?

Nothing--Just stopped using it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Some years ago, I sent this Bose into their repair shop because sound quality had degraded. When it was returned it was much better, but not as good as new.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

How old is the unit?

I don't remember the purchase date. I bought it new approximately 15-20 years ago.

To try and repair it would end up costing more than buying the same unit used online.

You can buy it for around $90 and it would cost around $100-$200 to repair it.