Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Today i was sleeping and my dog started barking ,i though he…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** was sleeping and my dog started barking ,i though he heard a car door .but it kept on making a bump and a slight squeek,i c0uld not locate this bump squeek till i got close to the sub w00fer and felt the vib on my leg ,the whole unit was off this went on till i un plugged the sub woofer and as i got close i could smell a burnt electric smell this is the second time for trouble ..can i buy a new powerd sub woofer input /control panel for Mod.Num.skw593.to try and fix the sub woofer speaker ?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Onkyo

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Onkyo system?

I took the woofer to the store i got it from and a guy hooked it up to another unit and it was dead

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

The store guy said a wall outlet can hurt the electronics ,should i use a surge protector to plug the woofer into from now on?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/31/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You can't purchase the original plate amplifier for this unit (Onkyo does not build or sell these separately- only included in the unit as purchased). However there is a company that sells replacement plate amps for subwoofers that you can retro-fit into the unit you have. You would choose the amplifier based on fit, price and power as needed. The link below is to the selection they have of various subwoofer plate amps:

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/subwoofer-plate-amplifiers/332

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Simply view my reply for the answer to your question.

thank you ..iwas afraid of that.. Happy new year.

You're welcome. Happy New year. Before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Engineer