Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I talked to you a little while ago, but have more info know!

Customer Question
I talked to you...

I talked to you a little while ago, but have more info know! I bought my mom a 50 " rca led tv model RLDED5078A-E. I bought a RCA 37" home theater sound bar 37x3x1 to go along with it. I hooked up the red/white audio cables to the TV and sound bar, but can not get the sound bar to work with the TV remote. It wants to work off it own remote and this is not good for a 94 year old lady! the TV remote works the TV and the sound bar remote works the sound bar. They are fighting each other. Can I get the sound bar to work off the TV remote, and not have the TV to respond to the TV remote? I just want the TV mote to control the volume on the sound bar. This may not be possible. She loves the sound off the sound bar, but hate the TV speaker sound! To screechy for her.Help

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

50"LED RLDED 5078A-E RCA

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

All of them, like picture,audio ect

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/31/2017
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I need my question answered! Thanx for getting back to me!

Is it the TV remote or the remote for the cable box?

this is the tv remote. I would like it to control the sound bar, but not the tv sound at the same time.

Which model soundbar do you have?

RCA 37" Home Theater Sound Bar. No Model # on the box.
Harry- RCA sound bar model RTS7010B.

Unfortunately, you will need to buy a universal remote to control everything.