Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My control 4 remote is not working. it is waiting for

Customer Question
My control 4 remote...

My control 4 remote is not working. it is waiting for network but also updating firmware?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Control 4 and I think it is sr 250

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Changing batteries

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Going into my basement by the system

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
when do I get help?
12/31/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 3 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Kk

If the update is complete and the remote still shows waiting for network try restarting all network equipment, including any modems. routers, switches, extenders, etc.

Let me know if that works?

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.

We unplugged and replugged the entire system
If we unplug the router will it mess up the rest if the computers in the house

It will stop all connections temporarily.

I will try this tomorrow and get. Back to you. I can't risk screwing up the entire house connection this late at night
I don't believe that is the problem. I think I need to resync the remote with the system

Ok, you can try tomorrow and let me know.

The router controls all network connections. If there is a glitch in it, a reset usually works.

Did you recently have any power outages?

No nothing it just disconnected

Ok, let me know if the router restart works tomorrow.

Kk I will be in touch in the morning
We need to watch the ball drop!
Ok keep in touch and enjoy the ball drop!
ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer