Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can no longer play cds on my Bose. The radio is fine. What…

Customer Question
I can no longer...

I can no longer play cds on my Bose. The radio is fine . What can I do ?

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

AWRC/1P

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Othing just don’t use it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/30/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First try unplugging the Bose for 60 minutes to reboot it and then try playing another disc. If that still doesn't work, then the issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).

I would suggest first following the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.

You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Insert the tip of the spray can into the disc slot and liberally spray to remove any dust or debris.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the disc drive has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Thank you so much . We will try the methods you suggested.

You're welcome! Before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?