Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a Denon AVR-2100W. I use wireless headphones with the…

Customer Question
I have a Denon AVR-2100W...
I have a Denon AVR-2100W. I use wireless headphones with the OPTION BUTTON in the all stereo zone mode I dropped the remote and now I am not getting audio. The screen prompts are working correctly. What might of changed when the remote hit the floor. It appears to turn on the ALL ZONE STEREO, but the headphones are not responding. I tried to reset a few things and most likely screwed up the settings
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is just the audio to the headphones that is giving me problems
12/30/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is sound still coming from the big speakers?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
everything is working as it should. When I press the option button on the remote and choose all zone stereo it appears to turn on but does not.

Try pressing the Zone2 button at the top of the remote and let me know if that brings up the headphone sound for you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It did not help

Are the headphones, or rather their transmitter base, connected to the Z2 ports on the back of the denon?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had been using them when the remote dropped and changed something

Okay so you need to use the Zone2 button to turn zone 2 on, but also right after you need to set the zone 2 source,

so press zone2, then press Power

then press zone2 again, and immediately after press the source mode you want (like cable/satellite).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That didn’t help.

The denon has to be set to the correct zone mode for it to work, so that is what you are missing here. It can be hard to set that from the remote though, try it on the front panel of the receiver itself,

on the receiver, press the Z2 button, it should indicate zone 2 on (if not, press once more),

then press Z2 source and immediately after turn the source knob to the desired input setting (cable, dvd, etc),

then press z2 source again then turn the volume knob up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That didn’t work either.

After doing the above, did you set the Option button back to all channel stereo

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did. Looks like a trip to the shop.

It is unlikely that just dropping the remote would cause this, though it is possible.

The next thing you can try here is a factory reset of the denon,

it will clear all the settings, so you'll have to go through all the initial setup again, but if you took it in for repairs this is the first thing they'd do there and you'd have ti set it up again anyway (or a new one).

Power it off

Press the Tuner Preset +- buttons on the front and hold

keep holding while powering back on until the display flashes, then let go and run through the setup

you'll have to set the Amp Assign function to 7.1+z2, and then set the zone2 source and volume again (as I indicated earlier).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok sir I will give that a try.

Thanks, ***** ***** luck!

Louie, Technician