Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

My denon receiver seems to have died and I'm not sure if it…

Customer Question
My denon receiver seems...

My denon receiver seems to have died and I'm not sure if it is worth repairing

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

Yes--a yellow one

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

No--why the speaker?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Well,when I push the button, it initially goes to a green light and then immediately to a yellow one

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/29/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the model of the denon?

It should start with AVR

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DRA-F101

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

I'll give you some info here as a starting point as well.

There are a few things we can try, but in the end this is most likely a hardware failure, and is absolutely not worth fixing. This receiver is at about 4 times its service life at this point and would easily cost at least twice as much to fix as to buy a new one.

As a quick test though, if you can disconnect all the speakers and sources/components, see if you can turn it on with nothing connected except power, and let me know the results.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Engineer