Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a DVD BD-J5700 in US and I am now in Cayman Islands…

Customer Question
Hi I bought a...

Hi I bought a DVD BD-J5700 in US and I am now in Cayman Islands but it doesn't play Italian CDs

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Samsung

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Samsung system?

Just hooked it up and it says something to do with region although this DVD is region free

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No idea?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/28/2017
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 3 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hi Jack

Hi ,you will need to set your player to region free code 0

Try this with the remote;

1. Power ON without disc. Press OPEN TRAY
2. Press the BLACK button BELOW the yellow "C" button.
3. Press 7-6-8-8-4
3. The current region code will display at the top left
of the screen.
4. Press 9 to change to free region.

Power off with RControl
Power On with RControl

Repeat steps 1 to 3, your region code will now show a "0"
on the top left corner.

That should be it

Let me know how that goes

By the way , practice if you have to but this has to be done in one sequence and if you do not see your region code in step 3 , just keep going anyway

Hi Jack
Tried numerous times but I can’t get region to pop up unfortunately

Here is another one if that one does not do it ;

1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.

2. Switch the player on.

3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.

4. Press the REPEAT button – just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller - and enter 5 3 8 1 4 on the number pad.

5. The region code "1" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.

6. Quickly enter a "9" to make the player region free. (Just try pressing 9 on the remote controller until you see 9 appear in the upper left corner of your TV screen.)

7. Open and close the disc tray. Power down and power up again.

13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.

If that does not help then try all region codes as follows,

1 – 2 9 3 3 4
2 – 5 7 5 3 8
3 – 5 6 7 3 2
4 – 7 6 8 8 4
5 – 5 3 8 1 4
6 – 2 4 4 6 2

correction for above , press 29334

Italy should be a code 2 by the way and normally the box containing the disc will say the region at the back so you could try manually to enter region 2 code when playing Italian discs if the region 0 does not come in

Will you be able to call me. I wasn’t able to get to where region is shown...

Sorry then but my bag of trick is empty

Some report the first procedure as working and for some its the second but there re also those who report that neither works

Could depend on your firmware version ???

Hard to say but here is Samsung website for a firmware upgrade , make sure to read the guide if you will go for it ;

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-blu-ray-disc-player-j5700-series

Other than that search for your model number and add region free hack , you may find one that works

Good luck , will repost you question now and perhaps someone here has an idea

Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

All set

Great to hear!

Harry, Customer Service