Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Denon Avr 589 and can’t get sound. Avr 588. I can get…

Customer Question
Have a Denon Avr...

Have a Denon Avr 589 and can’t get sound

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

Avr 588

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

I can get picture on my cable and blue ray

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

We have both hdmi running into the back of the tv fiber optic running from the back to input on the receiver

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/27/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Denon AVR-589..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.