Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We've had a trouble free Bose system for 24 years. Recently,

Customer Question
We've had a trouble...

We've had a trouble free Bose system for 24 years. Recently, it has started increasing volume by itself until the 45 level is reached, then it turns itself off. What gives???.

Technician's Assistant: What is your Bose connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Yes, but they are on their own hookups

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/26/2017
Technician: Joe, Technician replied 6 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

If you remove the batteries from the remote does the problem still occur?

What is the model number of the unit?

Thanks,

Joe

yesI have the manual out and can't find the number
Where is it?
serial number 049680C93086731AC

My sincere apologies, there were issues that prevented your reply getting to me, I was notified this am about your reply and I wanted to get back with you right away.

I note your reply was "yesI have the manual out and can't find the number
Where is it?
serial number 049680C93086731AC"

By that serial number and how old you have stated, you have one of the original wave line systems.

With no remote/no batteries in a remote that controls a unit and yet volume still keeps going up on own this usually indicates a problem within the volume control button, specifically the up side. This can sometimes be due to dust/dirt/buildup on the volume control, in some cases you can slide the control back and fourth quick and it'll do the trick, in other cases it needs to be taken apart and cleaned with a correct electronics based cleaner and in some cases needs the actual volume control replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!