Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

My accoustic wave II cd changer won't eject...it just keeps…

Customer Question
My accoustic wave II...

My accoustic wave II cd changer won't eject...it just keeps making a clicking noise

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

My accoustic wave II cd. Changer won't eject..it just keeps making a clicking noise.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Yes..I put another cd in third slot and it eject now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

It was working Christmas eve

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/26/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

This problem the Bose is either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.

Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).

Wait a minute, then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices- EXCEPT the power cable.

Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.

Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Aric, Engineer