Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Merry Christmas! I bought a house with a Russound CA6.4i. It…

Customer Question
Merry Christmas! I bought...

Merry Christmas! I bought a house with a Russound CA6.4i. It hasn't worked. All zones (except 1) will turn on/off but no sound. One zone stays green regardless if there's anything plugged in for keypad/speakers or not.

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Russound CA6.4i. All connections are confirmed tight

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Yes, tried multiple input sources

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/26/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 7 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Audio issue. Let me research your unit and I will be right back. Merry Christmas to you as well.
Researched showed because of the age of the unit some capacitors could have caused to leak in the power supply / protection circuit. In particular it has a problem with protection IC 10 (uPC12370). Check the Cap C28 (2.2uF/50V). If you read any AC
Volatge on that Cap, it means Cap is dry. Replace it with 4.7uF/50V.
In other words the unit unfortunately needs repair. Average repair on the unit for this kind of issue should run between $85-$120. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm more than happy to answer them for you. Sorry I don't have an easier fix for you.
I've read that post from another thread & have replaced the C28 capacitor. I still have a green light on one of the zones.
That is the only issue I have seen on this unit. Otherwise it could be a control circuit issue, which I have not come across. I will opt out in the hope that another expert has an idea for you. Good luck.