Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Turns on but cannot connect to any of the functions on my…

Customer Question
Turns on but cannot...

Turns on but cannot connect to any of the functions on my crosley entertainment system, turntable, radio, cd, cassette player

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Cannot change the functions, turntable, radio, cd, cassette player

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Turning it off and on at the center and with the remote. plugging it in and unplugging it, kicking it, shaking it, etc.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/26/2017
Technician: Joshua B,
 replied 1 month ago
Joshua B

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I STILL NEED HELP WITH MY CROSLEY VINTAGE SOUND CENTER.THANK YOu
Technician: Joshua B,
 replied 1 month ago

Which model do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Harry,
I have the CR4205B model.
Thanks
Rich
Technician: Joshua B,
 replied 1 month ago

Has it ever worked?

Did you buy it new?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In answer to your question below, I bought the center new a few years ago and it worked fine until now.To summerise my problem because this whole thing has got somewhat protracted and I seem to be communicating with more than one specialist.My model is the Crosley CR2405BMy problem is that my Crosley Sound system turns on in the CD mode but will not move to the turntable, radio or cassette player modes. It remains stuck in the CD mod and will not play in that mode either.Hope this covers all bases,Rich
Technician: Joshua B,
 replied 1 month ago

Unfortunately, the product that you have actually has a lot of bad reviews for similar issues and since it is a simple electronic, there isn't much that you can do to repair it without having to replace it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have answered your questions many times which am repeating for you.My model is the Crosley CR2405BI bought the center new a few years ago and it worked fine until now.Steps taken are to unplug it and shake it a little.My problem is that my Crosley Sound system turns on in the CD mode but will not move to the turntable,
radio or cassette player modes. It remains stuck in the CD mod and will not play in that mode either.Hope this covers all bases,Richard :Haley
Technician: Joshua B,
 replied 1 month ago

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Technician: Joshua B,
 replied 1 month ago

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Harry,But my Crosley has a 4 star rating from the Better Business Bureu and Consumer Reports.
Technician: Joshua B,
 replied 1 month ago

I was able to find hundreds of complaints regarding the product on different sites. Regardless of their reviews, the product cannot be repaired.

Joshua B
Joshua B
Joshua B