Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Cannot get a CD to eject and play. Bose system. Tried to…

Customer Question
Cannot get a CD...

Cannot get a CD to eject and play

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Bose system

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Tried to eject

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried to eject the cd, but it will not leave the slot it is in

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want to talk on the phone--I first would like to talk using this service. I put the CD into the slot, but it will not eject. The radio does work.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The system does not appear to know it has a CD in the slot.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The system tells me that there is "No disc." in the machine.
12/25/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
As I understand it, when you insert the CD to play it, the CD never shows any light, or makes any sound - and you just added, it shows 'No disc' also.

The CD drive part of the Bose might be 'dead', then. Try pressing and holding down the EJECT button, for 20 seconds.

If that does not Eject the disc, then turn the Bose OFF, wait 2 minutes or longer, and, holding down the EJECT button continuously, turn the Bose ON again, waiting 30 seconds after that before letting go the EJECT button.

Does that eject the CD from the drive?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What buttons on the handheld Bose control will turn the base off?

The Power button. Usually has a sort of C and a line through it, more or less, on it. Or the button that says 'ON' will also turn it OFF, if held down a while.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The "sort of C" with a line through it is the Stop Alarm button. There is no "On" button. I will try holding down the Stop Alarm button.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see any buttons that say "OFF"

What remote is it, or what Bose model is the stereo/CD player, please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is a "Stop Eject" button, but that does not work either.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now it is blinking "Mute."

I cannot advise you without that information, please.

If you have a problem switching the Bose off with the remote, try pressing the Power button on the Bose itself.

Louie, Technician